CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Saving Me!/Enough

Saving Me


Let it fall, let it pour,

As I'm clinging to the floor.

I'm lost and alone,

I can't do this on my own.



Let it come down like rain,

As I'm clinging to my pain.

I'm scared to let go

I've fallen so low.



Let me drown in the storm.

I do not deserve to be adorned.

I'm not the same,

I hate the person I became.



Let it shower over me,

As I'm clinging to the key.

I'm afraid to open the door,

Even though it's saved me before.



Let the mercy come down!

As I'm embracing the crown!

He's the only one I believe.

His words will never deceive.



So bring on the grace

Even when I'm a disgrace.

I may try to run,

But that's when His work has only begun.



So seek me out, Oh God!

Do not leave me where I trod!

This world is too much for me.

Please, just set me free!



He finds where I hide

He leads where I ride

He lifts when I fall

He answers when I call



He searches what I seek

He strengthens when I'm weak

He dies because I sin

He lives to begin.

~Misty



Enough

My stomach isn't flat enough
My height isn't short enough
My voice isn't loud enough
My hair isn't long enough.

My eyes aren't big enough
My lips aren't pouty enough
My lashes aren't thick enough
My teeth aren't white enough.

My nose isn't small enough
My face isn't thin enough
My skin isn't tan enough
My waist isn't curved enough.

My arms aren't strong enough
My legs aren't cute enough
My hands aren't slim enough
My ears aren't pierced enough.

I've simply come to decide
That I've nothing to hide.
Nobody that has my trust
Can make me believe I'm pretty enough.

~Misty Farmer

so i've been writing a lot lately, it's probably all that's going to go on here for a while.
i really need feed back on these-even if it's just to tell me they suck, lol.

3 comments:

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! said...

Misty, I love them both especially the first one. I just want to shout reading it. It makes me just want to go crazy for God. I love it!!! Keep writing girl. I love reading them.
-Alex

Jason Guidry said...

Can we comment on them even if they don't suck?

-Jason

tori ohlerking said...

the first one was awesome! the second one really did suck. no offense, but...LIES!

the person you were describing was the very image of God...His temple...the place in which He has chosen to dwell.

yet, i do get the point. i feel that way too sometimes. but just scream LIES! and watch the feelings shatter.

i love you! BIRTHDAY GIRL!!