CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 21, 2007

Remember...

Happy Birthday Kaitlin Aydell
5/21/93-2/21/07

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Today is supposed to be Kaitlin's 14 birthday. She would of just made it out of the seventh grade at French Settlement Junior High. She would be swimming and goofing off, or mud riding with her best friend Shayla. She would be acting like a normal girl during the summer time. Not a care in the world, nothing to hold her back. But, she was taken from us. Just the thought of it is unfathomable to me, but it happened. I was at the funeral. I saw the faces. I saw the tears. I heard the nice words said about her. But it's never enough to help anyone who really knew her. I never did, I wasn't that lucky.
I never took the time to cry. Not at the wake, or the funeral, or even at school in the classrooms full of people talking about it. No, it hits me now. I feel so guilty because I'm 17 with a life ahead of me-she would of been 14 today. She never got to have a homecoming or a prom. She never got to have a sweet 16 or a license. She didn't even get to see High School.
I just pray that she's in heaven now, sharing a piece of birthday cake with Jesus, watching us-not understanding why we are crying.

0 comments: