CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

AHHHHH!!!

ok, so i've decided i'm pretty much awesome, hands down. i wrote an e-mail to my teacher in charge of the Fellowship of Christian Students club at school about some of my ideas for this next year. this is the message i wrote her:

Hey! I'm sorry this isn't going to be a formal letter. I just wanted to run a few ideas by you for FCS to participate in this year. The first thing that God has really put on my heart-and I personally feel it's not addressed enough-is abortion. There is a nation-wide event called "day of silence." You can read some about it at www.standtrue.com . It's really awesome. The whole point is "can you lose your voice for a day for those that will never have one?" I think it could be a good opportunity to show not only our rights of protest-but the ability to maybe change someone's heart. I know French Settlement from the student point of view, and I've been hearing about girls in my class getting abortions since the seventh grade. Maybe if we show them, by participating in this "activity" they will learn a new out look. The main thing I need is permission to do this-and I know it would be easier with someone on the faculty backing me up. Please pray about it and get back to me. Another thing I want to look into doing another one of my passions-one I picked up from being around Jordan Guitreau too long- is Africa. I know we can't go to Africa-even though that would be totally awesome if a high school Christian group did a mission trip-but I know it's not going to happen. I was thinking more along the lines of asking students to participate in something called "Children's Cup." It's an organization that helps the orphanages in Africa. You could go to the site and read some of the stories and see the pictures and understand why I'm so heart broken over it. I know we really can't do much with our limited resources, but I would like so see, seeing as how I know the founder of children's cup, if he could do me a favor. They have "change" the world cups. It's a cup that just has information on it and you put any spare change in it. That money gets turned in and goes to helping get food and medicine and clothes for the children in the orphanages in Africa. I know not very many people in French Settlement have money-but they don't have to participate if they don't want to. We can hand out the cups and if we don't see them again then at least we tried-but I really want to see our FCS students fired up about helping out the world we live in. And finally, my last idea, which I know is out of the box and completely unlikely-but I want to plan a small one day mission trip to serve breakfast and speak to the homeless people in New Orleans. I really think it could help open the eyes of the students that see homeless people as stupid people that deserve the life that they are living-but what most of them don't see is most of these people didn't choose to live this way. I think it would be an eye opener. Yes, I know we don't have money, but we could raise enough to get what we need. Car washes, bake sales, fund raising "activities", selling shirts...pretty much anything. This may even draw more people into FCS. I see it like this-all the other clubs get to do some kind of field trip during the year-why can't the Christians have one? This may be our chance to Stand Up, Stand Out, and Change the World. It's pretty much the saying I live by. Thanks for listening, and please pray about it and get back to me as soon as you can.

God bless,

Misty Farmer


then....this is what she wrote me back....


Hi, i am so happy to hear from you and hear what is on your heart. I can sense your enthusiasm and you have a lot of wonderful suggestions and ideas to help our club grow. That has been my prayer for years, for God to send me students that are committed to the calling and to give us creative outreaches to touch the people around us. We will start to meet next week. We will talk about all of this later. I just want you to know i love your ideas and we will see what we can do.

Bless you sweetie!!!!
Charlaine Whann
French Settlement High Science Teacher
Come and see what God has done, how awesome his works in man's behalf! Psalms 66:5


lets talk about stinkin score!!!!
i'm so pumped right now!!
AHHHHHHH
I'M SO HAPPY
ok, time to me to go to bed
g'night world!!


2 comments:

Jason Guidry said...

I'm interested to know where this has escalated to now. Details plxkthxbye.

-JAson

TLGolemon said...

Misty, I was seeking out a former college mate of the same name, and stumbled across you.
My name is Thurman, and I too am a writer. I also happen to have begun my studies to become a preacher.
Currently, the ministery for the Lord that I do is primarily focused around my friends and their children at the moment, but I am constantly seeking souls to support. For as Christ has instructed:

Mar 16:15 And he said to them, "Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.

If you ever need the support of a fellow disciple of the Lord, you may contact me at lifeishumbling@yahoo.com.